LPC: Licensed Professional Counselor
Email Address: email@example.com
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10 AM – 7 PM
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” Carl Rogers
Scott specializes in couples’ therapy with pre-marital and marital counseling as well as co-parenting and family issues. He also offers individual therapy for adults and kids over 11 years old and group therapy- For more information on group sessions and support groups, see group counseling under services. Scott also offers christian counseling upon request.
My name is Scott Pennington and I am originally from Florida, but I moved to Atlanta during my previous career working for a Fortune 500 company. Since friends and family always came to me for comfort and advise over the years, I finally decided to go back to school and pursue a degree that would allow me to help people by making a difference in their lives. I earned a BS in Psychology and a Master’s in Professional Counseling from Liberty University.
I have now practiced in the field of Psychology for almost 10 years, and I stay in tune with the latest research and techniques. My extensive experience includes private practice with offices in East Cobb and West Cobb, as well as institutional care where I served as Case Manager for Ridgeview Institute in Smyrna, GA.
I undergo regular training to keep up with current techniques:
- Certified as a Prepare-Enrich and Level 2 Gottman Therapist, I assess couples’ relationships and define their strengths and weaknesses.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) certified, I help realign one’s behavior with the individual’s core beliefs to reduce internal conflict or stress.
- I am also well versed in the Aggressive Replacement Therapy (ART) techniques.
I provide various techniques for managing stress, anxiety, depression, anger, abuse, and addictions.
I follow the Rogerian theory based on:
- Optimistic view of humanity
- Every individual has value
- Non-judgmental environment
- Unconditional positive regard
I offer services to individuals, couples, families, teenagers, and children over 11 years old.