LPC: Licensed Professional Counselor and Clinical Director at MRC
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10 AM – 7 PM
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” Carl Rogers
Scott specializes in couples’ therapy with pre-marital and marital counseling as well as co-parenting and family issues. He also offers individual therapy for adults and kids over 11 years old and group therapy- For more information on group sessions and support groups, see group counseling under services. Scott also offers christian counseling upon request.
My name is Scott Pennington and I am originally from Florida, but I moved to Atlanta during my previous career working for a Fortune 500 company. Since friends and family always came to me for comfort and advise over the years, I finally decided to go back to school and pursue a degree that would allow me to help people by making a difference in their lives. I earned a BS in Psychology and a Master’s in Professional Counseling from Liberty University.
I have now practiced in the field of Psychology for almost 10 years, and I stay in tune with the latest research and techniques. My extensive experience includes private practice with offices in East Cobb and West Cobb, as well as institutional care where I served as Case Manager for Ridgeview Institute in Smyrna, GA.
I undergo regular training to keep up with current techniques:
- Certified as a Prepare-Enrich and Level 2 Gottman Therapist, I assess couples’ relationships and define their strengths and weaknesses.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) certified, I help realign one’s behavior with the individual’s core beliefs to reduce internal conflict or stress.
- I am also well versed in the Aggressive Replacement Therapy (ART) techniques.
I provide various techniques for managing stress, anxiety, depression, anger, abuse, and addictions.
I follow the Rogerian theory based on:
- Optimistic view of humanity
- Every individual has value
- Non-judgmental environment
- Unconditional positive regard
I offer services to individuals, couples, families, teenagers, and children over 11 years old.
Scott is passionate about helping his community and he participates in public events where he shares his expertise on various mental health subjects.
This particular event was about the increase of anxiety disorders among teenagers.